Amber N. MortonPartner
Areas of Practice
- Trust & Estate Litigation and Dispute Resolution
- Financial Elder Abuse Litigation and Dispute Resolution
Amber Morton is an experienced litigator practicing in the firm’s trust and estate litigation group. She represents trustees, executors, conservators, agents, heirs, beneficiaries and other interested parties in probate court actions and related civil actions. For firm clients, Ms. Morton defends and prosecutes simple and complex litigation matters, including trust and will contests, breach of fiduciary duty and financial elder abuse actions, Probate Code section 850 actions, contested accountings, and fiduciary removal actions.
Prior to joining Carico Macdonald Kil & Benz LLP, Ms. Morton represented public and private entities in employment-related litigation in state and federal courts. Ms. Morton regularly obtained favorable outcomes for clients through informal settlement, arbitration proceedings, and dismissals through summary judgment.
Ms. Morton is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in California and is also a graduate of the Los Angeles County Bar Association’s Trial Advocacy Project.
Ms. Morton received her B.S. in Foreign Service from Georgetown University and her J.D. from the University of Southern California Gould School of Law where she was a staff member and editor of the University of Southern California Review of Law and Social Justice. While in law school, Ms. Morton served as a law clerk to the Los Angeles County Public Defender’s Office and as a judicial extern to the Honorable Stephen Reinhardt of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
Publications & Presentations
- Answers to Common Employer Questions About Transgender Employees, The Authority, CJPIA, May 2016
- Employment Law Update, Tri-Counties Local Government Associate Luncheon, January 21, 2016
- Conducting Workplace Investigations, PELRAC Annual Conference, Co-Presenter, October 15, 2015
- Transgender Employees’ Access to Restrooms in the Workplace, 23 Employment Law Strategist 3, July 2015
Awards & Certifications:
- Southern California Super Lawyers, Rising Stars, 2020